Director of Human Resources - (Manufacturing Environment)
We are seeking an experienced "hands-on" HR Director who
has worked in a Manufacturing/Production setting. This is a
full-time, permanent position. The position is a member of the
senior management team and reports to the Company Executive Vice President.
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and
coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource
(HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the
organization’s mission and long-range strategic talent management goals.
* Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
* Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
* Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
* Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.
* Collaborates with executive leadership to define the
organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to
support this mission through talent management including staffing,
recruiting, retention and succession planning.
* Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes
best practices for hiring and talent management.
* Develops and administers human resource programs including, but
not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary
matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent
management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational
health and safety; and training and development.
* Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s
human resource and talent management functions; assesses the
organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
* Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal,
state, and local employment laws and regulations, and the
recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and
practices to maintain compliance.
* Participates in professional development and networking
conferences and events.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
* Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
* Experience with Captive Insurance programs a plus.
* Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource
information systems. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
* Experience with a 24/7 warehouse environment a plus.