The Human Resources Generalist will be a full-time
professional that will develop a deep understanding of our
industry to identify candidates that will uphold our company’s
mission, values, and culture. This person will be the support
for the day- to-day operations for Smooth-On as part of the HR
Team. The ideal applicant will need to demonstrate leadership
qualities to manage the administration of human resources
policies, procedures, and programs. This position carries out
responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits
administration, employee relations, training, compensation,
performance management, onboarding, policy implementation,
recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures
for personnel; assists in the development and implementation
of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains
the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of
qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates
with departmental managers to understand skills and
competencies required for openings.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt
personnel, interns, and temporary employees. Writes job
descriptions and places advertisements on social media,
local, regional, and national job boards as appropriate.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information
about job duties, policies, wages, benefits, and
opportunities for promotion.
- On-boarding process: Facilitate offers for employment and
on-boarding activities. Provide new employees with paperwork
and establish personnel file.
Conduct new hire set-up and initial orientation. Confirm
paperwork and any training requirements are completed.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary
meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Works with management team to resolve employee relations
issues, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
Ensure all paperwork is completed.
- Daily operations of HR functions and duties
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives,
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims
resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits
information to employees.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends
other meetings and seminars.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, ethical
and legal obligations, and employee relations as it pertains
to their specific departments and responsibilities.
- Maintains HR organizational charts.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results
of department in relation to established goals. Recommends
new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually
improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and
compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local
employment and benefits laws and regulations. Order and send
Federal and state posters for all locations.
- Identify the developmental needs of others; coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their
knowledge or skills.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files
EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports
and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assist in processing/maintaining data on OSHA, FMLA, HIPAA
and other required information for employee’s records.
- Prepare and maintain reports that are necessary to carry
out the functions of the
HR department. Prepare periodic reports for management.
- Prepare and submit ACA reporting for Smooth-On and
- Special projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve and able to multi-task.
- Ability to analyze key elements of each job posting and
required character traits
- Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and
instruction for individuals and groups and the measurement
of training effects.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved
in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources,
leadership techniques, production methods and coordination
of people and resources.
- Monitor/assess performance of individuals to make
improvements or take corrective action.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Experience with team building.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance: individual
differences in ability, personality, and interest, learning
and motivation methods.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable and
ability to fulfill obligations.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel
recruitment, selections, hiring, training, and discharge.
- Ability to develop specific goal and plans to prioritize,
organize, and accomplish your work.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Ability to work in a busy team environment.
- Experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a
Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint or Slide Presentations
- Ability to handle stress
- Ability to work alternative hours when needed.
- Travel-minimal required
Company Policies and Additional Requirements:
1. Continually practice safety procedures and policies to
protect yourself, others and company owned property.
2. Practice civility in all aspects of your job by actively
listening, hearing, and working together with co-workers,
vendors, and managers and by resolving issues respectfully and
professionally in a civil manner.
3. Comply with company rules, policies, and
4. Seek guidance from your manager before
performing an unfamiliar task or assignment.
job tasks efficiently, timely and accurately according to
6. Maintain work area (e.g., materials, stock areas,
desks, floors, shelves, counters, etc.) in a safe, clean,
organized, and efficient manner.
7. Must show up for work
on time and be willing to work occasional overtime as required
(with adequate notice from management).
reliable attendance, limited lateness or call outs.
Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
10. Willingness to learn other jobs.
11. Perform other job-related duties or responsibilities when
requested or required whether specifically mentioned in job
12. Willing to work with others in a team environment.