Human Resource Generalist
At Today Media we blend the incredible reach and effectiveness of
print advertising, exciting events with the targetability of digital
platforms to deliver amazing results for our advertisers.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the
Human Resource (HR) department including administering pay, benefits,
and leave, enforcing company policies and practices and possible
assistance with hiring and interviewing staff.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Help with recruiting, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of
qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with
departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees,
and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes,
and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and
- Periodic travel to our remote offices in Rye, NY, Fishkill, NY,
Newtown Square, PA and Baltimore, MD.
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of
subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.