501 Gunnard Carlson Drive
Coatesville, PA 19320
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Company: Manufacturer of Ladders and Lifts
Ballymore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of rolling safety
ladders, material handling equipment, aerial work platforms and safety
products. The company has been in business for over 75 years and was
recently purchased by a private equity company in February 2021.
Ballymore recently completed an acquisition in August 2021 and is
looking to grow significantly in the next 5 years. This position is
open due to growth.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting functions to recognize the
activities of the company.
- Reconcile cash accounts and maintain daily banking activity for
Chief Financial Officer
- Assist with daily and weekly dashboard for executive staff
reflecting accounting and operational data.
- Responsible for analysis and preparation of journal entries for
month end close
- Perform the monthly reconciliation of various balance sheet and
income statement accounts.
- Cross train and assist with various AR accounting processes.
Processes include but are not limited to daily cash receipts,
invoicing, online billing portal integration, and collection activities.
- Cross train and assist with various AP accounting processes.
Processes include but are not limited to AP invoice entry, weekly
vendor payment runs, and monthly vendor account reconciliations.
- Track Capital expense projects: maintain software database of all
company assets and allocate appropriate depreciation/amortization schedules.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary ledgers and systems by verifying,
allocating and posting reconciling transactions.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Participate in physical inventory processes and inventory valuation.
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies, and perform ad-hoc
requests through collaboration with other departments
- Produce system reports and excel spreadsheets in support of
projects for executive management and corporate departments.
- Document accounting or other department policies and procedures
for training, as needed
- Support Executive Management in financial analysis projects.