The Repair Technician is responsible for performing a variety of
tasks to ensure that customer’s instruments are repaired,
calibrated, and verified to be left in functional condition, and
that product quality standards are met. These tasks may include but
are not limited to: inspecting, repairing, testing, and calibrating
assemblies and finished instruments to meet manufacturer’s
specifications, electronic circuit troubleshooting, adjustments, and
performing upgrades (as required).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Inspect, repair, test, calibrate, and install assemblies and
finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and
* Perform assigned activities from oral and/or written
instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
* Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned
* Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and
communication of problem areas.
* Perform basic electrical circuit analysis including Analog,
Power, High Voltage, and Digital circuits.
* Set up and use measurement & test equipment in the
troubleshooting of electronic products including but not limited to:
DMMs, O-Scopes, Insulation Testers, Power Supplies, etc.
* Determine root cause of failure, solution and then complete
* Use hand tools to repair electronic board assemblies and
wiring harnesses: hand tools include soldering irons, screwdrivers,
contact crimpers, heat guns, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
Specific Technical Responsibilities:
* Good oral and written communication skills are required.
* Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all
equipment and service
* Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment.
* Attention to detail, organizational skills, and problem
solving abilities are essential.
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
* Ability to complete repairs in standard time
* Ability to complete most repairs without assistance
* Ability to successfully process customer credits without assistance