Pulse Technologies, founded in 1993, is a Privately-owned
advanced innovation and contract manufacturing company focused
exclusively on medical device components and assemblies. Our
beautiful facility is clean and temperature controlled…not your
ordinary manufacturing plant! We are located conveniently near the
Quakertown exit of the PA Northeast extension of the turnpike.
We are looking for a Purchasing Agent that will
be responsible for contractually committing the company to the
purchase of materials and supplies; the instruction, development,
and authoring of performance appraisals for buyer planners reporting
to this position, attainment of department metrics, and
establishment and development of strategic alliances with suppliers
with a focus on cost reduction.
What you will be doing:
1. Establish and monitor policies and procedure that ensure
materials and supplies are purchased within specifications and at
the most cost effective price and terms within the quality standards
acceptable to PTI.
2. Establish and monitor policies and procedures that create and
execute purchase orders, verify pricing and delivery schedules, and
follow-up on delivery status.
3. Establish and monitor policies and procedures to review and
implement safety stock levels, order policies, and economic order quantities.
4. Responsible for development of supplier base to include
multiple sources for material, long term agreements, contracts, and
reduced purchase costs (as measured through purchase price variance).
5. Establish training schedule (external and internal training)
that fosters professional growth and career progression within staff.
6. Monitor performance of assigned planner buyers and provide
periodic feedback; conduct regularly scheduled team meetings;
conduct yearly performance appraisals.
7. Lead continuous improvement activities that will reduce
internal activities with a focus on improved throughput and efficiencies.
8. Monitor and maintain department work instructions, standard
operating procedures, policies, etc. to ensure accuracy and compliance.
9. Develop data analysis tools to aid in the management of
purchase activities, delivery schedules, supplier performance, and
purchase price variance. Excel (or other data analysis tools) will
be used when standard MRP reports are not available or adequate.