Our client, Premier Outdoor Living/Highwood USA is
seeking a dynamic Team Manager to join their operations team. Be part
of something big as this company is growing!
Successful Team Managers enjoy the challenges of providing growth
opportunities for the team based on their performance, attitude and
potential through mentoring and coaching. Our Team Managers have small
high performing teams that rely on them to ensure they have the
necessary skills, resources, and tools to achieve goals in the areas
of Safety, Quality, Yield, and Productivity. Team Managers are
involved in all day-to-day operations of our busy manufacturing
facility, including, but not limited to, hiring, mentoring,
performance & process improvement, production, quality, & safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Provide leadership for the team help them meet & exceed
- Safety: lead by example. Embrace our safety first culture,
understand our safety rules, and contribute to the overall safety
program through improvements, expectation setting, and role-modeling
proper safe behaviors.
- Quality: Understand the expectations of customers. Guide teams in
understanding customers’ quality expectations and ensure they strive
for the best quality. Use and understand our quality system (SPC)
and coach team to fully utilize system. Lead quality improvements.
- Yield: Ask questions, fully understand the process in order to
coach the team on to make good decisions regarding yield.
- Productivity: Clearly understand productivity goals. Ask
questions, encourage the team to ask questions and participate in
activities that improve productivity. Tutor and ensure they
understand what needs to happen to meet productivity goals.
Lead High Performance Process
- Accountability: Set expectations regarding performance, behaviors,
and results and hold team accountable. Ensure the team has the
resources they need to deliver results. When they do not, actively
seek the resources that get them what they need.
- Drive Improvement: Understand Lean principles and coach the team
on standard work, 5S, and the daily management system. Lead the team
in basic continuous improvements such as a 5S event, development of
standard work, or a Kaizen event. Constantly be open to better ways
of doing the job and providing better services and products.
- Sustainability: Lead by example. Embrace our efforts to be
sustainable. Encourage the teams to recycle and maintain the
cleanliness and integrity of their work areas.
- Treat others, as we want to be treated: Encourage healthy team
based behaviors, listen, communicate company goals to your team and
provide feedback on actual results. Pass relevant information to
your team and between teams.
- Teamwork: Help team succeed. Use leader standard work to ensure
processes are followed. Recognize team successes and help correct
failures while ensuring time at work is enjoyable.
- Do the right thing: Understand and embrace the principles of High
Performance Work Teams. In every action do what is right for the
business, the customer, and fellow team members. Coach team members
to embrace HPWT principle based decision-making. Moves the team
forward in team leadership, decision-making, and self-direction.
Embrace HW‘s operating principles as the way to guide behaviors and
decision making daily with every course of action for yourself and
your team. Mentor and coach up to 15 team members to understand our
organization's goals, policies & procedures. Address team issues
and resolve problems timely. Holds each team member accountable for
good decision-making and team support behaviors, confidently deals
with performance issues as appropriate.
- Committed to making positive change, but remaining flexible and
able to adapt
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interested in company results
- Treat people with respect
- Commitment to working safely
- MS Office Suite proficient and keyboarding skills
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate
effectively with technicians and the management team.
- Willing to take on a broad range of responsibilities including
coaching and managing people, processes, and tasks
- Basic understanding of Lean
- Demonstrate ability to multi task and to adapt to a quickly
changing manufacturing environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities
- Willing to role model High Performance work team behaviors and
develop these on our teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in working different shift schedules to include
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the team member is
required to talk and hear. The team member is often required to sit
and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The team
member is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and
hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision
abilities required by this job include close vision. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include ability to accurately compare
color and pattern of products to quality control standards. Frequent
requirement for attention to detail; prolonged use of a computer
terminal, telephones and other electronic equipment. The team member
must be able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a team member encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
occasionally loud and PPE is required. Appropriate hearing protection
while in the plant is required as noise levels within the facility
meet OSHA requirements for hearing protection equipment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Team Managers
typically work between an office environment and the production floor
but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non-standard
workplaces. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.