Job title: Mechanic
Reporting to: General Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Purpose of the Position
The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance,
diagnostics and repair of
trucks, trailers, and landscaping equipment in accordance with
factory and industry
standards. They are crucial to the smooth and timely execution
and completion of
landscaping maintenance and landscaping construction projects.
The Fleet Mechanic
is committed to performing all duties in alignment with company
Key Responsibilities & Duties
* Perform maintenance, run diagnostics, and repair vehicles in
factory and industry standards.
* Perform maintenance activity for all equipment and trucks.
* Weld and repair trailers and equipment as needed.
* Analyze, inspect and repair malfunctions on engines,
suspension, steering, and more.
* Inspect trucks, trailers, mowers, and other equipment to
ensure they can operate
* Document issues and the steps taken to correct them in a
* Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and safely.
* Diagnose and repair on small equipment such as mowers, edgers,
* Report inventory, equipment/part needs and operator issues to
* Communicate fleet and equipment needs, concerns and issues to Fleet
* Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with company
* Other duties as assigned.