Experience and Skills:
Competencies. To perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following:
* Problem Solving - gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Technical Skills - strives to continuously build
knowledge and skills.
* Oral Communication - speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets
clarification; demonstrates group presentation skills and the
ability to develop rapport with staff and clients alike.
* Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work
activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources;
sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
* Dependability - follows instructions, responds to
management direction; keeps commitments.
* Initiative - takes independent actions and
calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities;
asks for and offers help when needed.
* Innovation - displays original thinking and
creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates
suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and
ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications in
a Mac environment would be a plus.
Education. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a
four-year college or university.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk
Travel. Travel required for this position is
required throughout the MidAtlantic Region of Pennsylvania,
Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington, DC