Customer Service Account Specialist - Supply Chain, Logistics, Shipping
We are growing and have an exciting full-time, permanent opportunity
available for a Customer Service Account Specialist. This role
reports into the Customer Service Manager and you’d work with our
supportive team members.
We are a very successful and well-established privately-owned
importer, exporter, processer, and distributor of specialty products
derived from natural sources. With more than 160 years in business, we
are recognized worldwide for our stability, long-standing
relationships, and expertise in supply chain.
This role, within our business, serves as the bridge that connects
suppliers in Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and South America with
customers in North America. We bring essential materials, needed by
thousands of manufacturers, to create products that benefit millions
The Customer Service Account Specialist meets or exceeds commitments
to customers through efficient management of sales orders, effective
communication of information both internally and externally, and
prompt, effective resolution of customer issues. The Account
Specialist works closely with employees at all levels to help achieve
Key Results for the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Create a great and delightful experience for all
customers by clearly communicating the company’s commitments (product,
price, and delivery date).
* Establish and maintain great customer relationships
while supporting the organization’s cultural beliefs.
* Ensure customer requirements (product codes, customer
specs, SOW, equipment, labeling, etc.) are maintained in the customer
master records in the ERP system (D365) and CRM.
* Offer pricing to customers using appropriate guidelines
and developed as a CRM quote.
* Respond to and/or refer product and technical questions
to appropriate personnel.
* Manage the complete process of a customer’s order from
receipt of PO to the shipment of such order.
* Work with the Sourcing and Supply Chain functions to
satisfy customer requirements and delivery dates.
* Provide optimal mode of transportation through
interaction with the Supply Chain team.
* Initiate credit/debit/return adjustments on a timely
basis, and after thorough and accurate research and investigation.
* Investigate and resolve short payments and chargebacks
on a timely basis.
Administration and Communication
* Develop and maintain efficient, effective knowledge of
D365 (CRM/ERP) functionalities related to order fulfillment and
relative to customer activity.
* Have a continuous improvement mindset, and constantly
look for/recommend a more efficient, effective work processes.
* Immediately report non-conformances to Quality
Coordinator and provide order details to initiate the CSI/NCRs.
* Advise S&OP teams of inventory overages/shortages
or significant changes in customer order patterns.
* Select inventory effectively on a FIFO basis to reduce
odd lots, broken pallets, and aged material.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* Accountability: Takes ownership for
decisions and results of work within the scope of one’s role
* Customer Focus: Understands and
anticipates internal/external customers’ needs and acts to provide
quality products and services to exceed their expectations.
* Integrity: Conducts all business
activities according to the highest organizational, social, ethical,
and legal standards
* Effective Communication: Understands
the needs / perspectives of others and appropriately modifies
behaviors to maximize effectiveness.
* Problem Solving: Proactively
anticipates, analyzes and address business issues and quickly responds
to business needs.
* Results Orientation: Demonstrates
ambition and drive to achieve challenging organizational, work related
and career goals, pushing work to completion.