Human Resources Generalist
We are growing and have a new, full time and permanent, opening
available for an experienced HR Generalist who is knowledgeable with
Benefits Administration and the coordination of Training.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for COBRA, Medical, Dental and
Vision benefit administration, Personnel Evaluations, Employee
Relations, and compliance of our organization’s operational companies.
This role will report to the HR Director. You’ll be responsible for
developing and maintaining effective policies and procedures to ensure
quality and efficient services while ensuring that all policies and
procedures adhere to all government regulations, standards, and best
practices as they relate to compliance, licensure, and Homestead’s mission.
You will also collaborate with Leadership to identify training
requirements and institute plans for training new and existing employees.
The position is housed in our Lyndhurst, NJ location. It is
expected that the HRG will spend 4-5 days/week in the office. We are
using masks and are socially distanced while on-site and asking for
our staff to be vaccinated.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Oversee COBRA administration for clients.
• Manage Homestead medical, dental and vision benefit administration.
• Manage annual personnel evaluations.
• Manage employee relations.
• Manage employee onboarding.
• Ensure company compliance.
• Assist in planning, creating, and implementing training
courses and materials.
• Document/create training materials.
• Assist in other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of Human Resources and Training
• Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
• Proficient in MS Office
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal/written),
interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills required
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Working knowledge of data analysis and
• Comfortable in a start-up environment
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams with strong
attention to detail
• Must have hands on approach and accountability for all
We are an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer
(Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled). We provide equal opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender
identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status,
pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor
that may be protected by law.
COVID-19: Please note that the successful candidate
must have at least one COVID-19 vaccination shot a minimum of two
weeks before starting their position, with the intent of getting the
second shot within their first month of employment, if they are not
already fully vaccinated, or request a medical or religious waiver. A
copy of their vaccination card must be shared upon hire.