POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Assistant I
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Maintenance Supervisor
FUNCTION: Assist one or more workers in the skilled
maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assemble, disassemble, and repair pumps, motors, fans, etc.,
2. Troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions, solve
plumbing problems, layout, fabricate, and weld.
3. Perform repairs on other equipment as assigned.
4. Clean work area, machines, and equipment.
5. Assist mechanic by holding materials or tools and performing
other tasks as directed.
6. Lift, carry, and hold materials and tools.
7. Perform specialized machine operations such as operating a
paint sprayer, floor sweeper, floor cleaner, etc.
8. Lubricate a variety of equipment such as machines, motors,
pumps, trucks, etc., following instructions. Fill oil cups, wells,
or grease fittings with prescribed lubricants using oil can or
9. Pick up/deliver supplies utilizing Company vehicles.
Operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and high reaches/man lifts.
Use a variety of hand tools.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Follow all safety rules.