Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or another related field.
* 7-10 ten years’ experience in manufacturing operations environment.
* Experience implementing and sustaining lean manufacturing
concepts (6S, Kanban, SMED, cellular manufacturing, visual
workplace, Kaizen, etc.)
* Knowledge of various manual and CNC machining operations,
including milling, grinding, turning.
* Knowledge of fabrication processes CNC laser cutting, bending,
* Knowledge of electrical control panel assembly
* Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
* Hands on and lead by example
* Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including
profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow management.
* Ability to communicate professionally and thoughtfully with
employees at all levels
* Superior problem-solving skills, attention to detail and
ability to produce a high-quality work product on a deadline
Essential Physical Requirements
While performing the responsibilities of the Operations
Manager's job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The
employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and
fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is required to spend long
periods of time walking and standing on the shop floor, reach with
arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. Vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
This job description is intended to convey information essential
to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and
level of work performed within this job. However, this job
description is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
qualifications or physical demands associated with the position.
Selas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws.