Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations (Engineer)
We are a mid-sized, growing Global Consumer Products Manufacturer
supporting the Consumer Packaging and Household Goods industries.
We have an in-house Design and Product Development Team linked with a
very dynamic, integrated global supply chain to create and manufacture
We offer a very enthusiastic culture where you can make a difference
and enjoy your career. We care about our employees and community and
give back where and when we can.
During this time of Social Distancing, this position will work
remotely. As we monitor the pandemic, we will decide when we can
implement a hybrid work situation to work remotely and be on-site a
few days per week in our Wilmington, DE Office.
We are seeking a candidate having experience as either a Senior
Mechanical Engineer or Senior Chemical Engineer who has worked with
Contract Manufacturers overseeing various Manufacturing Operations
located domestically and overseas.
Someone who is experienced in the manufacturing of component batching
(i.e., pharma, food, chemicals). Someone who understands
processing/batching of formulas.
Pluses are the knowledge of Consumer Packaging, Household Goods, Food
Packaging (glass & plastics) and Injection Molding.
Someone who is experienced with either 3rd Party Manufacturing and/or
Contract Manufacturing. We supply and direct all Raw Materials,
Logistics/Transportation, Compliance, etc. We partner with the
manufacturing, production and assembly.
The mission of the Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations is to
lead, manage and coordinate all activities involved with the
production and delivery of all our organization’s International’s
goods and services.
The focus will be on insuring consistent on-time, cost effective
delivery of all goods and services to our global customers with an
emphasis on cost control and quality.
The ideal candidate will enjoy having had a career working in
Strategic Global Manufacturing Management and liaising with all
Departments, both Internal and Contract. Someone who is used to being
involved in all aspects of the operations of the organization and
enjoys liaising with various teams.
This role will eventually require travel to various parts of Asia,
etc., once pandemic issues subside. Estimated to be 10%. Also asking
for you to have the ability to work flexible hours, including
evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
You’ll liaise closely with our Internal Team Members in various
Departments and report to the Dir. Of Integrated Supply Chain.
Provide leadership to the team within Manufacturing Operations -
continue growing and developing the organization with strong talent to
meet the demands of the business, prioritize goals, provide guidance
and development for team, and create cohesive working relationships company-wide.
* Lead cross-functional teams to commercialize new projects.
* Responsible for training, developing, coaching and retaining
* Sets business goals and objectives conducts performance appraisals
with employee development focus including preparation and support of
training and development plans; recommends merit /promotional increases.
* Effectively communicates company and department strategies to team.
* Provide top-level leadership about the manufacturing operations
focusing on long range strategic planning and implementation of the plans.
* Manage all activities involved with the manufacturing of company’s
goods and services, including sourcing and production of components,
finished goods, assemblies and professional services
* Manage and ensure all engineering documentation and records are maintained
* Trouble shoot and provide guidance when needed
* Review and approve all "technical/engineering" reviews
whether equipment, tooling, or fixtures
* Analyze and evaluate factory manufacturing processes, systems,
equipment and materials in terms of their associated cost, time,
ergonomic, quality and quantity factors
* Define, build and improve business and manufacturing infrastructure
to achieve customer and business goals.
* Oversees operational processes, while looking for opportunities of improvement
* Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics
* Plan production operations, establish priorities
* Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the Production
Partner’s organization and serve as a Consultant to the Facility’s
* Audit Facilities, Building & Equipment Maintenance
* Ensure an effective Preventive Maintenance program to ensure a high
level of uptime and delivery
* Monitor monthly production output to identify problems with
delivery, quality, margins, inventory, and productivity.
* Develop and implement corrective action to ensure that each problem
is addressed and corrected.
* Identify cost savings opportunities in the operations process and
recommend improvements needed to address those costs.
* Establish, maintain, and utilize forecasting and communication
tools to integrate demand/supply plans for new product and/or new
markets working with product and marketing managers
* Identify and communicate changes, risks, opportunities, and
* Establish rules for abnormal demand, supply constraints, and
customer requirements that are outside the capability of the Supply
Chain to deliver.
* Communicate significant upcoming manufacturing issues
* Maintain frequent and transparent communications with multiple
functions including, sales, marketing, customer service, operations,
finance, and supply.
* Drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our
growth while motivating others to meet challenges in a deadline-driven environment.
* Create culture of continuous improvement reducing waste and
* Proactively recommend, as part of our ongoing process improvement,
ideas or procedures that solve problems, expand our capability,
improve company performance and eliminate bottle necks.
* Maintain a continuous Learning Program for professional growth and
development and maintain a professional network of business
relationships inside and outside the company to achieve business objectives.
* Proactively benchmark cost & ensure cost competitiveness of all
supply/inventory cost including cost reduction efforts.
* Accountable for coordination, prioritization and delivered results
of improvement projects in both the demand and supply planning process.