Cost Accountant - Manufacturing experience
This is a "Hands-on" position responsible for the company's
accounting functions & management reporting.
We are a successful Manufacturer who is seeking a full time
Accountant. This is a full time, permanent opportunity. The position
will begin "remotely" and eventually be in the Office full time.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with having worked with a
We are seeking someone who has knowledge of Cost Accounting, G/L, AP
& AR, Payroll, Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations,
Inventory analysis and Finance Reporting & Analysis.
Someone who is a self-starter, deadline driven and organized. This
role reports into the Executive Team.
The ideal candidate must be strong with Excel.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
* AP & AR Functions
* G/L, Journal Entries for accruals & prepaid items, and Monthly
* Preparation & Analysis of Financial Statements: Income
Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, etc.
* Prepare & monitor the annual Financial Plan (budget)
* Develop and issue Management Reports, Monthly and ad hoc reports
* Create and maintain records supporting financial reporting
* Initiate and maintain Cost and Variance Analysis on Inventory,
Labor, Purchasing, and company’s manufacturing activity
* Bank reconciliations
* Payroll & Sales Commissions
* Work with our Public Accounting Firm for Monthly/annual reviews and
* Recommend and implement financial controls and procedures
* Support our technology investment by coordinating with our Managed
Services Provider (MSP) to manage computer software and hardware
utilization and updates.
* Support Production Manager with implementation of Material
Requirements Planning (MRP) and Production Scheduling in VISUAL
* Support Engineering & Production with the monitoring and
management of inventory issues with attention to optimizing purchase
& production costs, stock levels, obsolete items, warehouse
locations, work in process, etc.