Maintenance Supervisor - Luxury Residential Rental Community
Monroeville, PA (Pittsburgh, PA area)
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor who likes being
active and "hands-on" with their leadership. Someone who
enjoys interacting with residents and staff. Someone who likes
keeping a life-style community at its best.
This is a full time, permanent, opportunity to provide our Residents
with a simplistic, hassle-free, Rental Community Living Experience.
We are a Luxury 'Apartment-Home' Rental Community located in a wooded
setting. The Apartments have fireplaces, cathedral ceilings,
balconies and are pet friendly. The common grounds offer a Pool,
Fitness Center and Patio. We are conveniently located near I-376 and
the Pennsylvania Turnpike for easy access to shopping, sight-seeing
and travel thru the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
The Community’s Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading the
Maintenance Team in upholding a high level of customer service as well
as the cleanliness and marketability of the community to renew and
secure new leases while complying with safety standards.
The Maintenance Supervisor uses strong organizational and
multi-taking skills to create the maintenance schedules, manage the
department’s budget, and to ensure that all maintenance requests are
completed in a proper and timely fashion.
Duties also include strategically thinking of ways to prevent costly
and time-consuming emergency and service repairs without compromising quality.
Essential Job Functions
* Oversees and completes standardized diagnostic approaches for
preventative maintenance and system troubleshooting.
* Assists in the selection of maintenance associates. Provides
feedback for performance reviews and recommendations for training.
* Participates in the on-call emergency rotation and responds to
emergencies as needed.
* Standardizes diagnostic approaches used for common maintenance
service requests, including preventative maintenance and system troubleshooting.
* Troubleshoots all property systems, and performs or oversees repairs.
* Leads property inspections, including building and alarm systems
inspections, and ensures that make-readies are completed.
* Administers maintenance software program to track work orders,
inventory use, product replacement histories, and scheduled
preventative maintenance. Reviews work order logs and sets priorities
for work order completion.
* Establishes and implements auditing procedures for maintenance
inventory. Monitors inventory levels while remaining within
* Manages subcontracted service providers and documents work and
* Facilitates technical training and technical skill development for
* [When inclement weather occurs.] Assists with the removal of snow
and ice from sidewalks, walkways, steps, and driveways.
* Maintains resident relations by providing excellent customer
service to all residents.
* Maintains regular daily office hours while ensuring adequate
coverage on weekends and holidays.
* Establishes clear communication with the leasing team to ensure
that the maintenance and leasing teams are working collaboratively to
meet the needs of the residents.
* Responsible for ensuring that the "curb appeal" of the
entire property is maintained in an exceptional manner by employees,
residents, and contractors.
* Maintains a proper inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for
* Performs and supervises non-complex electrical, plumbing, painting
and carpentry work orders.
* Assists with reconfiguring spaces including moving furniture, and
assists with cleaning.
* Completes assigned service request orders in an accurate and timely
manner company standards.
* Follows all preventative maintenance programs and guidelines to
minimize emergency repairs and service requests.
* Adheres to the company’s safety programs and guidelines to minimize
emergency repairs and service requests.
* All maintenance team personnel members are expected to provide
their own hand tools for use during the workday.
Training Requirements (once hired)
* Harassment and Fair Housing.
* Other general business and industry-related training courses as assigned.
Required Maintenance Tools - Hand Tools**
All Maintenance team members are required to supply their own hand
tools for work purposes.
The hand tools are to be used for their intended purpose and in a
responsible manner, and they are the property of the employee.
This position oversees the Maintenance team, in conjunction with the
Community Manager, and actively participates in the hiring and
training of maintenance personnel.
Typical Physical Demands
* Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent
standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying
(light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment), climbing
ladders/stairs, and working in areas where the clearance height ascends.
* This position typically requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to
20 pounds of force constantly.
* Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized
equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
* Must have medically-recognized normal range of hearing, vision,
color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation and
repair of machines, wiring, and equipment.
* Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment
(i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
Typical Mental Demands
Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level and
have the ability to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write
reports, etc. Must be able to apply logic and understanding to carry
out instructions and plans.
On a regular basis, must use independent judgment (following
prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities,
Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to
meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors,
supervisors, employees and co-workers and therefore, must have
excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e.,
heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.).
Will also have light to moderate exposure to products and work tools
requiring skill and knowledge (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery,
tools, lifting, etc.).
Will be exposed to some low- to moderate-level noise when using power
tools and in the workplace. Hazards can be minimized with proper
lifting techniques, MSDS and general safety training, and by wearing
of proper safety equipment.
Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds with appropriate safety gear and tools.
Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and service calls
* May be required to utilize personal transportation to inspect
apartment community grounds and units, as well as surrounding neighborhood.
* Business travel to regional or national meetings, or for training,
may be required representing 10-25% of travel time for business purposes.
* Daily use of golf cart may be necessary.
* Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.