Research & Product Development
We are a well-established, successful, mid-sized Engineering Firm who
We have a very unique opportunity available for an experienced
Mechanical Engineer who would like to take their Industry and
Engineering knowledge and apply it to our unique product line. In
this role you will move our existing Engineering Team to the next
level of productivity and improve processes. Someone who has proven
success in having achieved this with a former company and Engineering
Sector. Someone who is confident enough with their knowledge to lead
the group to a higher level in a collaborative fashion. Someone who
has worked in several different companies/industries within
Engineering and not just having many years of experience with one
company and product line.
The successful candidate will be someone who likes to be very
"hands-on" and involved in creating a product per Customer
Specifications and Industry usage from conception, testing, product
completion and marketing. Someone aware of "best practices"
in the industry and Engineering methodologies.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer (BSME) who is knowledgeable with
Metallurgy, Plastic Mold Design, Metal Stamping, Parts Assembly and
Manufacturing tolerances for our new Research and Product Development
You’d be working with new and existing products. This role would
involve producing product drawings, specs, product costing, customer
facing, developing BOM’s and routings, and prototypes via 3D modeling software.
Additionally, you’d perform hands-on product testing of our products
and those of our competitors. Analysis of test results, oversee QC,
small production runs, maintain problem log, etc.
The Position Overview i
The Product Development for new and existing products, including
product drawings, specifications and costing of products. Position
also provides production support to our in- house and overseas
manufacturing operations, including responsibility for shop floor
quality control. In addition, incumbent provides technical customer
support as needed.
Position Responsibilities include:
Manage Product Development activities for new and
existing products, including:
- Develop product design, drawings and specifications
- Consult with customers / Sales / Marketing as needed.
- Develop Bill of Materials and routings for Manufacturing.
- Develop prototypes utilizing 3D modeling software.
- Physical product testing of our products along with competitor
products as needed.
- Evaluation / analysis of test results
Manage daily activities of Designers/draftsmen
- Utilizing CAD system (SolidWorks), design tools following
- Develop and maintain package specifications and labels.
- Oversee Quality Control for shop activities
- Daily QC walk-through inspections.
- Develop and maintain problem log; instruct / assist production
staff as needed.
- Handle small production runs - special projects