Production Team Lead
We are a very successful Manufacturing company is who growing
rapidly. We are seeking an experienced Production Team Lead to work
with our Production Supervisor and Manufacturing Team.
You will be working with a variety of products (such as Paints,
solvents, glues, etc.) which have a variety of fumes.
We are asking for someone with Mechanical abilities, as you’ll be
very hands-on with the machinery. (Packing Machines, Drum Presses,
Filling Machines, Ink Machines, Labelers, etc.). Also using tools for
You’ll oversee anywhere from 1-3 Production Lines and twelve (12)
employees at any given time.
This is normally a Monday-Friday role having hours of 7:00 am - 3:30
pm on 1st Shift.
There could be a need to have flexibility with occasionally
supporting the 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm) at times.
Overtime hours, when needed, would go to 5:00 pm and/or on Saturday
To be successful in this role you need to be organized and have the
ability to multi-task, while keeping documentation up to date for each
client. You would have to have prior experience within a
We are accessible via Public Transportation (NJ Transit) and car.
This is a full time and permanent (direct hire) role. We offer a
competitive salary with benefits (Medical Insurance, 401K, PTO,
* Follow and promote all established safety and environmental
policies and practices.
* Ensure that the containers filled on your line meet applicable
quality specifications. Use standard measuring tools (scale, depth
gauge, etc.) to accurately evaluate products being filled.
* Assign Packers to the tasks required to complete each product.
Ensure that each employee on the line understands their
responsibilities and is doing their job properly.
* Ensure that each employee on the line is working in a safe and
* Achieve expected "standard" production rates on an
ongoing and regular basis.
* Accurately record the information required on Lot Control Logs.
Control lot changes such that it is always possible for customers to
know what lots of input material are included in each finished container.
* Minimize waste generated on your line
* Operate single head semi-automatic filling machines, drum presses,
labeling machines, ink jet printers, case sealers, and other packaging
equipment as required.
* Solve minor quality and productivity problems on the filling line
by making adjustments to the machines that result in consistently
achieving the expected quality and productivity standards.
* Maintain a high level of housekeeping in your work cell by ensuring
that the trash is removed and the area is swept daily, that all tools
are returned to their storage location at the end of every day, and
that only those materials in use for the current job are in the cell.