Logistics Account Specialist - (Chemicals, Logistics,
Transportation,Supply Chain, Import/Export, 3PL)
We are a well-respected and established company experiencing
We are seeking an experienced Account Specialist to join our team.
The ideal candidate is very organized and detailed, communicates and
interfaces with numerous people, is deadline driven, computer literate
and has experience with post sales, Customer Account Management,
Logistics, Import/Export, Tranportation methodologies and has worked
in a manufacturing, chemical environment.
The Account Specialist meets or exceeds commitments to customers
through efficient management of sales orders, effective communication
of information both internally and externally, and prompt, effective
resolution of customer issues. The Account Specialist works closely
with the Team to help achieve Key Results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Manage customer expectations by clearly communicating our
commitments (e.g. delivery dates or problem resolution), and keeping
internal and external customers informed of status of orders, issues, etc.
* Resolve crisis situations while maintaining good customer
relationships, and protecting company reputation and profitability.
Process CSI’s (NCR’s) in a timely manner.
* Ensure customer requirements (product codes, customer specs, SOW,
equipment, labeling, etc.) are added to and maintained in the customer
master records in AX.
* Offer pricing to customers using appropriate basis, i.e. list
price, competitive, developed as CRM quote, replacement cost, monitor
PO’s for the correct price and terms, other.
* Respond to and/or refer product and technical questions to
* Manage customer orders from placement to packing through multiple
channels, including phone, fax, EDI, VMI, E-Mail, and websites
(on-line sales) to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
* Work with demand management, logistics, quality, purchasing, sales,
3PL’s and others as required to satisfy customers required delivery dates.
* Negotiate optimal mode of transportation through interaction with
logistics, Transplace or 3PL providers.
* Initiate credit/debit/return adjustments on a timely basis, and
after thorough and accurate research and investigation.
* Investigate and resolve short payments and charge-backs on a timely basis.
* Be proactive to ensure Customer Satisfaction.
Administration and Communication
* Develop and maintain efficient, effective knowledge of AX Dynamics
functionalities related to order fulfillment and relative to customer activity.
* Share pertinent information with marketing and sales on customers
and market conditions; utilize CRM system in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
* Have a continuous improvement mindset, and constantly look
for/recommend and/or implement more efficient, effective work processes.
* Other duties as assigned by management
* Immediately report non-conformances to Quality Coordinator, and
provide order details to initiate the CSI/NCR’s.
* Advise Sales/OP teams of inventory overages/shortages or
significant changes in customer order patterns
* Select inventory effectively on a FIFO basis to reduce odd lots,
broken pallets, and old material.
* Accountability: Takes ownership for decisions and results of work
within the scope of one’s role
* Customer Focus: Understands and anticipates internal/external
customers’ needs and acts to provide quality products and services to
exceed their expectations
* Integrity: Conducts all business activities according to the
highest organizational, social, ethical and legal standards
* Effective Communication: Understands the needs / perspectives of
others and appropriately modifies behaviors to maximize effectiveness
* Problem Solving: Proactively anticipates, analyzes and address
business issues and quickly responds to business needs
* Results Orientation: Demonstrates ambition and drive to achieve
challenging organizational, work related and career goals, pushing
work to completion