Project Manager - New Product Development and Launch
We are excited to share with you a New Opening for a Project Manager - New Product Development and Launch.
This role will manage all the projects pertaining to our company's Program for all "Fleet Program" customers. This Program pertains to the managing of our product line geared for customers who have any type of Motorized Vehicles / Fleet(s) who are purchasing our products. This would entail managing several, multi-sized, projects on a simultaneous basis.
You’ll oversee the Fleet Product Suite and individual product line life cycles within the suite. You’ll vet incoming product ideation for Fleet Product Suite and develop Product Statement of Work, manage the successful development and launch of new products with a cross functional team, coordinate Fleet Product project planning, activities, milestones and deliverables, etc.
The Fleet Program is a large segment of our diverse Customer Base and services. This is not a Logistics, Automotive or Dispatch role. You do not need any automobile / vehicle knowledge.
This is a combination role consisting of Project, Product and Program Management. You’ll work within the Product Management Department and report into the Director of Product Strategy managing this segment of the business. Experience is needed with getting the Product out the door!
We are asking for someone who is skilled at managing anywhere from 6-10 large projects at a time.
We are a mid-sized Engineering/Manufacturing Firm who is progressively becoming more of a Product Company to include a larger, growing, customer base.
The ideal candidate for this opening is someone who has a calm manner, is a "people-person", a great communicator who can manage Trans-functional teams and is good with Product Resolution. We’d prefer you also have some Manufacturing experience. IT experience is also very helpful. You’ll be liaising with Marketing, Training, Quality and Engineering Departments within the company, while adhering to Time Lines.
We are asking for a a BS degree in either Engineering or Computer Sciences. Masters is preferred but not required. Must have at least 5-10 years of proven Product/Project Management, Business Analysis or Product related experience. Experience with Product and Project Management, CRM and ERP Software is necessary.
This is a full time, permanent role. We have a great team and we are growing. We work in a nice, respectful, culture which includes brainstorming and sharing of ideas while providing autonomy and individuality to our respective responsibilities. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position reports to the Director of Product Strategy working within the Product Management Department
* Act as primary point of contact for Fleet Program Projects and as a liaison role between team members
- * Oversee the Fleet Product Suite and individual product line life cycles within the suite
- * Vet incoming product ideation for Fleet Product Suite and develop Product Statement of Work
- * Manage the successful development and launch of new products with a cross functional team
- * Coordinate Fleet Product project planning, activities, milestones and deliverables.
- * Manage Fleet Product Project Meetings, milestones and change orders
- * Report on Fleet Product projects time and materials in product management tool
- * Work with Cross Functional team to write Statement of Work for Fleet Program Products Ideas and Concepts
- * Communicate with Partners and Customers regarding new product concepts and modifications
- * Communicate Fleet Program Product Projects to Senior Management (time, cost, status, schedules)
- * Analyze Fleet Program Product Life cycle and works with cross functional team on impact
- * Work with Marketing to review Industry & Market Trends, Competitors and Product Suite Gap Analysis
- * Analyze, Evaluate and Execute pricing strategies
- * 10% Travel may be required for onsite customer visits and trade shows