Self Help Movement is a drug and alcohol treatment facility located in the Far Northeast section of Philadelphia. We are an all-male inpatient program, 17 years of age and older, consisting of three levels of treatment.
We currently have an opening for a Counselor! This is an opportunity to work in an environment of compassion, understanding, and respect providing the service that is instrumental in the recovery process of our clientele. This is your chance to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors.
- Facilitate daily individual and group therapies, including family therapy as appropriate
- Complete individual and group progress notes
- Develop, implement, and monitor treatment plans
- Communicate with insurance providers to advocate for residents
- Complete discharge and aftercare plans, including collaboration with probation/parole, case managers, and others
- Periodic evening and weekend hours