Business Development Specialist - Inside Chemical Sales
We are a well-established organization seeking a full time (Permanent) Business Development Chemical Sales Specialist due to continued growth in our business.
The Business Development Chemical Sales Specialist plays an important role in achieving the Company’s goals for customer acquisition and profitable revenue growth. This involves a sustained focus on regaining and growing gross margin and building business opportunities with 'D' and Distributor accounts. Where possible, develops these accounts into 'C,' 'B,' and 'A' accounts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Grow profitable and sustainable sales
* Develops understanding of customer needs and requirements.
* Minimizes aged inventory, and where necessary sell inventory at highest profit possible
* Make phone calls to 'D' and Distributor accounts in line with weekly call targets.
* Process sample requests and follow up on samples at 7, 30 and 60 days intervals with the aid of CRM.
* Prospects and develops new accounts. Send referrals to Sales Team. Follow up on samples
* Retain and grow gross margin of 'D' and Distributor accounts.
* Communicate to Sales Team for any Distributor activity at direct accounts.
* Forecasts growth in 'D' and Distributor accounts on an ongoing basis.
* Submit CRM SOPER Report monthly for any increase or decrease in demand. Record any stock outs.
* Develops proficiency in utilizing and leveraging CRM to manage and track activity of 'D' and Distributor accounts. Use CRM to schedule follow up and routine sales calls.
* Maintains and expands database of prospects and existing contacts and customers.
* Maintains Accounts, Contacts, SSOs, Samples and data in CRM
* Initiate CRM Quotes and follows up prior to expiration
* Log any CSI’s (NCR’s) in CRM
Lead Generation / Management
* Develops SSOs (opportunities) in CRM sales funnel
* Develop specific LTL Account targets in Canada. (prior accounts from client’s former distributors in Canada, USA, etc.).
* Prospecting using the Internet, various Directories, trade show leads, leads from CRM lead list, online ads and. Attend trade shows and manage the booth with the RSMs to help generate leads
* Qualifies prospects prior to making sales calls.
* Provides back-up sales support in territories where requested / appropriate
* Provides pricing background and Market IQs as necessary and appropriate
* Train to be a Pricing back up for Pricing Manager for vacation coverage
* Provides routine sales progress reports and monthly reports
* Must enter accurate and timely information into the various company information systems
* Implement Inside Sales processes and procedures to improve communication and simplify workflow