Health Insurance Account Coordinator
We are expanding our team and seeking a Health Insurance Account
Coordinator for our Phila., PA location (Center City).
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
We ask that you are fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
We are working in a hybrid fashion with being on-site for three (3)
days and working remotely for two (2) days each week.
Homestead Smart Health Plans, with its headquarters in
Philadelphia, PA, has an immediate opening for an experienced and
dedicated Account Coordinator to join our Account Management team in
a rapidly growing company and market segment.
In this role, you will be responsible for servicing clients in
self-funded, third-party administrator (TPA) plans that specialize
in reference-based pricing.
The Account Coordinator will develop employer, broker and
consultant relationships to service Homestead’s clients while
contributing to our customer retention.
The Account Coordinator is the primary contact person handling the
customer account inquiries, answering questions and troubleshooting
minor to complex problems.
The Account Coordinator position will be based out of Homestead’s
Philadelphia, Center City, PA office.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Provide ongoing service to self-funded health benefit clients
* Assist with billing, claim and escalated customer resolutions
* Assist with customer implementation
* Coordinate open enrollment process
* Develop and assist with relationships to brokers and consultants
* Plan, organize and prioritize actions on a day-to-day basis to
accomplish goals and objectives
* Work with the sales team to ensure high quality of service
* Work and coordinate responses with internal departments on
resolutions for clients
* Perform additional duties as assigned by Account Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to build
rapport with customers and business partners
* Solid organizational skills and effective time management;
ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments from multiple
* Enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with a positive
attitude and sense of urgency
* Commitment to customer service excellence
* Understanding of stop loss insurance and self-funded medical
* Knowledge of claims processing systems
* Knowledge of reference-based pricing preferred
* Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, and Outlook
* Some travel required (estimated time 20%)
* Ability to take initiative, identify, and address tasks without
prompting, meet deadlines, and follow through on assignments
* Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
* Strong work ethic required
* Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
* Must be able to lift up to fifteen (15) pounds
* Must be able to travel 10-20% to client sites (Tri-State area)
Homestead Smart Health Plans is an Affirmative Action - Equal
Opportunity Employer (Minorities / Females / Vets / Disabled).
Homestead Smart Health Plans provides equal opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender
identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military
status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any
other factor that may be protected by law.
Please note that the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated
(meaning it has been at least two weeks after their mRNA second shot
or two weeks after their Johnson and Johnson vaccination) before
starting their position. A copy of their vaccination card must be
shared upon hire.
We are currently operating in a hybrid work environment (3 days in