Sales Engineer / Channel Manager
Our client, who is located in Northeast Ohio, is a worldwide
manufacturer delivering a comprehensive line of combustion products
and services to industrial manufacturers across many markets. They
serve the thermal processing industry with a comprehensive range of
gas burners, combustion systems, thermal components, services, and
custom systems to support many different types and brands of ovens,
furnaces, heaters, washers and other thermal processing equipment.
They are currently seeking a Sales Engineer / Channel
Manager to assist channel representatives, sales agents, and
customers with selection of combustion equipment and systems to meet
application requirements in industrial processes. The successful
candidate will manage and build relationships with representatives and
customers based upon strong technical prowess, consultative behavior,
a natural competitive drive, and an enthusiasm to help customers.
Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, the Sales Engineer /
Channel Manager will utilize a foundation of knowledge in heat
transfer, chemistry, fluid dynamics, automation, and controls to
manage and assist channel representatives in the development of
customer accounts against a designated quota.
This is a full-time, permanent position requiring 50% travel.
Ideal candidates will be based in the Midwest region of the US.
- Work towards the achievement of the company vision statement. Be
familiar and follow the company’s Quality Management System policy
as it relates to your area of work.
- Works to match company products and capabilities to customer
application needs in pursuit of a sales quota delivered in
partnership with channel representatives (independent sales partners).
- Act as a technical liaison to representatives and customers to
provide consultation on the selection and usage of equipment
utilizing a fundamental understanding of heat transfer, combustion
chemistry, controls, and fluid dynamics.
- Manage a group of independent channel representatives, sales
agents, and assigned direct customer accounts for commercial needs
and issues including quotations, orders, credit terms, returns and
warranty, commission payments, and collections of invoices.
- Ability to analyze diverse range of industrial process heating
applications and customers’ needs to consult with engineering and
marketing in pursuit of application solutions and product customization.
- Writes proposals for complex systems and communicates with
customers by phone, email, and in-person. Manages negotiated terms
and pricing for larger contracts.
- Occasional site work to oversees installation of equipment,
commission systems, and consult on machine function and performance.
- Participates in training sessions, seminars, and continuing
education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Participates in seminars, trade shows, customer training events,
and other industry events.
- Ensures effective communications and relationships between
customers and project team members and manages projects and
timelines. Must be able to articulate technology and product
positioning to both technical and business users at customers.
- Regular travel to customer locations and industrial locations to
evaluate upgrade/retrofit leads may involve exposure to heat, noise,
and large industrial equipment.