MEA is in search of a Senior Payroll and HCM Consultant to join our
growing Strategic HR Services group. This role is ideal for an
experienced Payroll professional who is excited by the opportunity to
work with a variety of organizations, spanning size and industry and
on varied projects, in both on and off-site capacities.
In this role, you will provide hands on support for our members in
the private, public and non-profit sectors and will manage and assist
with HCM implementations, payroll duties and act as the project
manager for a wide variety of projects in analyzing and auditing
payroll, preparing reports and data extraction.
This role is ideal for someone who is interested in expanding their
exposure to all aspects of Human Resources and engaging with a team of
subject matter experts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the end-to-end payroll process that includes inputting,
proofing, editing, processing and transmitting all payroll wages and
tips, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and manual
payments consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws for
member and non-member organizations.
- Assist with issues and questions regarding payroll from employees
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance departments, etc.
- Using a familiarity with Payroll and HCM systems, manage employee
data and process workflows.
- Work closely with MEA’s payroll partner, Paylocity to become
intimately familiar with system capabilities and processes;
coordinating training for Members on Paylocity platform
- Maintain knowledge of changes in wage and tax laws to develop a
trusted relationship with Members.
- Identify and resolve customer service issues in collaboration with
payroll and HCM provider.
- Consulting with members to determine HCM needs.
- Assist members in selection of HR technology based on need.
- Performing application upgrades and module implementations, as
well as and providing training and technical support.
- Developing and implementing new processes and systems for
efficient HR management.
- Optimizing HCM processes, integrating new software, and performing
- Ensuring the efficient recording and secure storage of HR data,
including attendance and employee performance data.
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in the
field of HCM.
- Other job duties and project support as assigned
- May be called upon to develop or deliver training content and
develop policy language in consultation with Members.