Summary: Through process management, data
analysis, goal setting and clear communication, lead and motivate
employees to operate in a safe and efficient manner to ensure
production is timely and well within quality and cost control
objectives. This position has three primary objectives.: 1) timely
manufacture of countertops for the kitchen and bath and accessories,
2) the lowest possible cost of goods sold for both labor and
materials, 3) ensuring product quality.
Job Title: Production Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
1) Provide leadership for the successful operation of the
manufacturing plant including production, quality control,
maintenance, warehouse, and delivery personnel.
2) Establish and review production schedules for all
manufacturing departments to ensure orders are filled on time while
operating at the highest efficiency possible.
3) Motivate employees to maintain production and quality levels
by establishing measurers of tracking performance and setting
individual employee and team goals.
4) Monitor processes, operation expenses, and research ways to
cut waste, improve efficiencies and enhance productivity while
maintaining product quality.
5) Work closely with quality assurance personnel (department
supervisors) to review product consistency to determine areas of improvement.
6) Work with product development personnel (CEO) to develop new
products and strategies.
7) Maintain efficient inventory levels to meet daily production
needs and cost requirements.
8) Analyze workforce requirements, recruit, hire, and train employees.
9) Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and
guidance to all manufacturing employees ensuring all policies and
procedures are being followed.
10) Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program.
Monitor equipment to ensure it is meticulously cared and always in
good working order to avoid lapses in production.
11) Develop and execute manufacturing budgets. Create purchase
orders for purchasing manager to place orders.
12) Position requires a 45-to-50-hour work week.
- The ability to set goals and ensure goals are achieved.
- The ability to adapt and change directions and accept feedback
when needed, open minded and willing to be coached.
- Ability to work on average 50 hours per week,
- The ability to plan and exercise control over amount of time spent
or needed to produce the scheduled orders.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Fluent in
Spanish, both written and spoken is highly desired.
- The ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office
products to analyze data and trends.
- Understanding of budgeting/expense management with basic
understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- The ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented. Strong leadership, team
building and advanced coaching skills.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Judgment - Exhibit’s sound and accurate judgment; Supports and
explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position.
- Understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules