Title: Human Resource Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP of Operations, Finance, HR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pelmor® Laboratories, a small company of less than 50 employees,
located in Newtown, PA, has been in business over 60 years. The
organization began as a laboratory for the testing and development
of rubber compounds and has since evolved into a full-service custom
manufacturer of natural and synthetic rubber products.
The Human Resource Generalist will develop policies and coordinate
HR activities such as employment, compensation, labor relations,
benefits, training, and employment services by performing the
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct effective,
thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identify training and coaching needs.
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the
administration and maintenance of employee benefits programs,
including serving as primary contract with providers (including
group health and life), workers' compensation, unemployment and 401(k).
- Daily administration of all HR services including recruitment
and selection, promotions, transfers, affirmative action/EEO
compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and
employee relations in accordance with overall objectives of the organization.
- Develop, prepare, and generate ongoing and ad-hoc reports
pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including
issues such as benefits costs, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment,
applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation,
- Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advises management